grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2 does not show new kernel :(

From: Bean
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 does not show new kernel :(
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:07:00 +0800

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:58:38AM +0800, Bean wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 01:18:41AM +0530, shirish wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         I thought long & hard before making this post. I tried all
> > the avenues , the #GRUB channel on IRC, the forums at ubuntuforums (
> > 136 views at this point in time but no answers :( ) . hence made long
> > posts about the issue at
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=484856
> >
> > If anybody knows what I need to do or look for , please lemme know.
> >
> > Cheers !
>
> Currently, the script engine of grub2 doesn't support comment line ! Just
> remove any line that starts with #, and you should be fine.

My mistake. Although the script engine doesn't handle comment, lines start
with # are dropped when read from config file, so it wouldn't cause problem.

I suspect the device name is wrong. If you are booting with the hard disk,
the device name should be (hd0,1). The wrong device name causes the font
command to fail, and it in turn causes other problem. Change (hd1,1) to
(hd0,1), see if it fixes the problem.

--
Bean