grub-devel

Re: Does grub2 support background image?

From: Stefan Reinauer
Subject: Re: Does grub2 support background image?
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:59:09 +0100

* Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> [070104 19:28]:
> Yes, it will support it. All in time. I am currently waiting for my new
> ADSL connection to get online and then I could continue improving it.
>
> Btw. I have a local version that supports background image, but I want
> (and perhaps others too) it to be more generic and allows better
> customization.

SUSE uses a couple of patches for GRUB legacy that allow all kinds of
fancy stuff, like implementing a graphical help system, adding boot
options and showing animations. I remember their implementation had a
couple of drawbacks, because it had to run in syslinux, too, for easier
maintenance. But something along that line would sure suit grub2 very
well.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
Email: address@hidden  • http://www.coresystems.de/