grub-devel

Re: multiboot2: remove "a.out kludge" requirement

From: Andrei E. Warkentin
Subject: Re: multiboot2: remove "a.out kludge" requirement
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:36:46 -0600

No, I think Okuji mentioned that he didn't want to omit the Multiboot header out of the possibility of not registering the Multiboot header's presence if it is past the 8K mark (i.e. corrupt multiboot kernel).

With a custom e_type you could be sure it's really a Multiboot kernel or not... and not ever be concerned with corrupt files with the header past 8K.

Andrei Evgenievich Warkentin
Cell: (+1) (847) 321-15-55