grub-devel

Re: Scripting - write to HD support?

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: Scripting - write to HD support?
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:36:51 +0300

On 10/6/06, Marco Gerards <address@hidden> wrote:
But still, it is something we have to be extremely careful with.  And
a more important question is: Why do you want this, do you have
specific uses for such feature in mind?  I can think of things like
fallback, etc.

Ability to edit the grub-menus and then save the result to HD from
within grub would be nice.

This could be done by creating the menus based on the saved data, and
then giving the ability to change that data.

Also the ability to edit the actual scripts which generate the menus
(and to save that result) would be nice.

--
Markus Laire