grub-devel

booting hard drive Linux from floppy problem

From: turnbuix
Subject: booting hard drive Linux from floppy problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone.
I wonder if you could help. I've built a floppy as per
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...dBootDisk.html

the GRUB instructions. The Mandriva 2006.0 free that I put on my hard drive
starts to
Uncompressing Linux...

but then after a second or so gets

ran out of input data

-- System halted.

Can anyone see what I did wrong. I didn't include the splash screen line.

default=0
timeout=10
title Linux 2.6
root (hd0,10) it is on hda11
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-12mdk ro root=/dev/hda11
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.12-12mdk.img

I put the above into menu.lst and grub.conf on the floppy just in case.
Thanks for any insights