grub-devel

Re: [patch] Distribute grub-install.in for powerpc

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [patch] Distribute grub-install.in for powerpc
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:54:28 -0600

On Mar 28, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

On Mar 28, 2006, at 3:39 AM, Roger Leigh wrote:

The attached patch distributes grub-install.in for powerpc.

Thanks for the patch! However, don't we want to distribute
grub-install, not grub-install.in?

We distribute it for the PC already, so I think we can better do the
same for the PPC.  So for consistency reasons we either have to
include it, or remove the other.

I think we should distribute all sourcefiles so people can reproduce
everything.  Besides that, grub-install depends on how you configure
GRUB.  Because of that reason we should not distribute it.

Oh, I thought we were talking about "make install". I guess we're talking about "make dist". Carry on...

-Hollis