grub-devel

PCI config space patcher

From: Clemens Fruhwirth
Subject: PCI config space patcher
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:51:37 +0100

Hi folks,

I have had a problem with VIA chipsets. I abused GRUB to solve it. The
intermediate product is a PCI config space patcher in GRUB. Not that
it's anything new, as GRUB already contains proper PCI in
netboot. However, I added a command line interface so it's available at
boot.

If you are interested in the story:

http://clemens.endorphin.org/weblog/archives/2006-02.shtml#e2006-02-06T13_08_37.txt

If you are interested in the patch:

http://clemens.endorphin.org/patches/grub-pci-config-space-patcher.diff

I haven't spend much time beautifying this patch, simply because I want
to get your oppinions first, so I won't waste my time.

The patch also permanently enables NETBOOT_SUPPORT, because the PCI code
is part of netboot.

Also I kicked the optimization in cmdline.c to rely on lexical ordering
of the command names. That's seems smart, but isn't. I spend almost 60
minutes figuring out why the command I added at the end of the
builtin_table doesn't show up at boot. So, you see the optimization
isn't worth the hassle. It's not like we have a million command names to
search through.
--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org
for robots: address@hidden