grub-devel

Re: A ready to run GRUB2 boot loader for the Genesi ODW ?

From: Timothy Baldwin
Subject: Re: A ready to run GRUB2 boot loader for the Genesi ODW ?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:47:17 +0000

On Tuesday 15 Nov 2005 22:34, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> One of the many joys of GRUB2 is that it isn't specific to anything
> really.  But I am guessing.  Maybe it could never work on ARM or a Dec
> Alpha but I don't see why not.

It *does* work on ARM, though the needed changes aren't in the CVS yet. The
only firmware supported so far is RISC OS. I've thought about using the Linux
kexec system call, and standalone and Windows CE ports.

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), UAF, RESPECT, StWC
No to software patents!    Victory to the iraqi resistance!