grub-devel

Re: A ready to run GRUB2 boot loader for the Genesi ODW ?

From: Dennis Clarke
Subject: Re: A ready to run GRUB2 boot loader for the Genesi ODW ?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:19:07 -0500

On 11/15/05, Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 16:34, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > > Looks helpful. :) Is there a particular reason you chose not to use the
> > > GRUB wiki?
> >
> > I didn't know it existed.
>
> Oh, well, yes: http://grub.enbug.org . It's linked to from the main GRUB web
> pages in a few places.

OKay .. I'll go look at that.  Thanks.

> <snippage>
> > > the memory management layer"... could you elaborate?
> >
> > Actually .. not really. :-(
>
> Ohhh, I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about the *GRUB* PowerPC people
> (this being a GRUB list and all :). But I see now you were talking about
> Solaris PowerPC people. That makes much more sense. :)

Yeah .. sorry again.  I will be saying sorry a lot it seems as I
stumble forward.

> > > If that does work, you could implement a patch that detects you're running
> on
> > > CodeGen firmware (the original author) and sets a quirk/feature bit, then
> > > output a different message in the suspend command. I believe we already
> > > detect CodeGen firmware to work around a bug I found on the briQ, so you
> > > would have an example to work from...
> >
> > Let me look into that also.
>
> Cool. FYI: you are also on the hook to fix the ASCII art menu border drawing
> on PPC. I have not forgotten you said you were working on that... :)

[ yank !! ]
oh oh .. oooh .. I'm hooked like a fish !

Just as soon as I have an image to show the world I will do so .. I
certainly hope that good ol'fashioned ASCII art is okay.

Dennis