grub-devel

Re: Scripting support (PATCH)

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: Scripting support (PATCH)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 00:14:24 -0600

On Nov 8, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

On Nov 6, 2005, at 4:26 PM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Please test if everything still works. Of course I took great care in
testing and implementing, but a lot changed and I am not perfect.
This week I will have some time, so if there are any problems
reported, they should be fixed in no time.

Could you add a configure check for yacc? I didn't have it installed
on my system, and got a compile error.

That is really weird, I have added such test:

        * configure.ac: Add `AC_PROG_YACC' test.

When configuring I see:

checking for bison... bison -y

Did you see that test and what did it output?

        checking for bison... no
        checking for byacc... no

And then it happily continued to configure and make, with the eventual output:
        yacc -d -p grub_script_yy -b grub_script ../normal/parser.y
        make: yacc: Command not found

It's a little late for me, otherwise I'd have a look at configure.ac myself.

-Hollis