grub-devel

Re: [patch] printf long format

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [patch] printf long format
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:33:02 -0500

On Jun 22, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:
Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

Debugging a partition map bug, I was adding more grub_dprintf messages... and re-discovered that our printf doesn't handle e.g. "%lx" format strings (yet
gcc requires these when printing longs).

Isn't that hexadecimal?

Yes... but that's not the point.

          * kern/misc.c (grub_vsprintf): Add `longfmt'.  If format string
          contains `l' modifier, get a long from va_arg().

You forgot the first line...  Please make sure the date you use is the
date you check in.  With your previous commit something went wrong.

Sorry about that...

          if (*fmt && *fmt =='-')
            {
              rightfill = 1;
              fmt++;
            }
-
+
          p = (char *) fmt;
          /* Read formatting parameters.  */

Please watch out for such stuff.  I know it is annoying...

You have made this comment a few times now. Please understand: I do watch out for this stuff, apparently more carefully than other committers. I am removing whitespace from an otherwise blank line.

I am not saying I will never accidentally check in errant whitespace, but you can see that this is a correction, not an accident.

-Hollis