grub-devel

Re: XFS

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: XFS
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:54:00 +0200

On Friday 17 June 2005 11:23, Marco Gerards wrote:
> After not hacking for a long time, I am finally back to hacking.

Very nice!

> At the moment I am working on XFS support for GRUB 2.  If someone
> knows about some good XFS documentation that can not be found on the
> XFS website, please tell me.

This is an introductory article on XFS:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-fs9.html

But I guess only the SGI's web site and the source code meet your purpose. The
XFS implementation in GRUB Legacy are also worth seeing, but this depends on
i386.

If you finish XFS support, it would be extremely valuable for me, because I
use XFS in my laptop, so it is the "last mile" of using GRUB 2 in my real
life. I am glad to help testing your code.

Okuji