grub-devel

Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: [BUG+Experiences] grub2 on ppc
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:37:19 +0200

Nico -telmich- Schottelius <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. The problem is that my / (root) is xfs, which is not support yet.
>
> Marco, can you fix that? ;-)

Sure, you can expect it at the end of Juni or before that if possible.
I have some code already.  I beg people not to work on it because of
that, it will be done!

> 3. grub once killed itself/hangup: I typed
>    linux (hd,3)/usr<TAB> (hda4 == my /)
>    But I cannot reproduce it!

Which filesystem is used on (hd,3)?

> 4. When typing
>    linux (hd3)/<tab> grub does NOT say "no such device" or something
>    similar, but prints a new line. For someone who does not see the
>    typo, he'll be the one who asks on support channels.

Right.  This can be done if that is what everyone expects...

>    Btw, the same behaviour is seen when doing
>    linux (hd,3)<tab> (on the not readable xfs partition). I really
>    would like to see "Cannot read that filesystem (yet)."-message.

Tab completion does not print errors at all.

> Please tell me when those things are fixed and I'll try again.

Sure.  Thanks for testing!

--
Marco