grub-devel

Re: New commands (reboot, halt, help)

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: New commands (reboot, halt, help)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:36:21 +0000

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Saturday 29 January 2005 16:11, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Right.  What the code does is making sure GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_CMDLINE
>> and GRUB_COMMAND_FLAG_MENU commands and commands with both set are
>> shown.  I fail to see the redundancy.
>>
>> What do you propose?
>
> Help should show only commands available on the command-line interface.

Ok, fine for me. :)

I will update the patch and send in a new one tomorrow.  I still hope
I can apply that one on Monday because after Monday I won't be hacking
for a while.  I will still be on the list but I just won't hack that
much anymore for some weeks, I think. :-/

>> Is it ok if I add a --description so it works like the patch as it is
>> now?  It's how I like it, that's why I added it this way, but if you
>> don't like it I just remove it.
>
> I have no strong objection, but how useful? You could get all
> information by "help COMMAND".

I will think more about this when working on it.

Thanks,
Marco