grub-devel

Re: iterate return values

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: iterate return values
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:53:51 -0600

On Jan 23, 2005, at 1:19 PM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

On Sunday 23 January 2005 19:23, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
This patch fixed it for me, tested on Apple and DOS partition maps.

I vote for not adding an additional function. I think it is simpler to
check an error rather than calling "present" functions. I don't want to
bloat the API.

I think "is this partition type present" is a very reasonable API to support...

What is the alternative? How would you distinguish between an iterate error (like "wrong partition map type") and a hook returning 1?

-Hollis