grub-devel

Re: Module support for the PPC

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Module support for the PPC
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:46:26 +0000

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

>> +  for (seg = mod->segment; seg; seg = segn)
>> +    {
>> +      segn = seg->next;
>> +      grub_free (seg->addr);
>> +      grub_arch_dl_sync_caches (seg->addr, seg->size);
>> +    }
>> +}
>> +
>
> That for loop confuses me. Couldn't it be written as
>       for (seg = mod->segment; seg; seg = seg->next)
> ?
>
> Also, I'm not sure why grub_free is here. Is that intentional?

Right! Nice catch!  That caused the problem I had.  I feel so stupid
now...  When I added this function I copied it from the function to
free a module and quickly added the cache flush there.

> Unrelated, I don't like naming the function
> "grub_arch_dl_sync_caches", since it has nothing to do dl code really;
> that's just the only user right now. I'd prefer
> "grub_arch_sync_caches".

Ok.

> Other than that, looks fine to me, and I hope we can get this checked
> in soon for some holiday hacking. :)

Same here. :)

If I hear no objections before friday I will check in this patch with
the changes I described.

Thanks,
Marco