grub-devel

Re: usability

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: usability
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:05:49 +0200

> > I think Thomas sent in a patch for this, right?  Could you please
> > review it?  You have more knowledge about module loading.
>
> I think his patch is only for commands. Autoloading filesystem modules
> is not implemented, and I want to have commands in the normal mode to
> load/unload modules with/without resolving dependencies automatically.
>
> BTW, one problem in his patch is that autocmd.lst is maintained
> manually. It is better to generate this file automatically at the
> compilation time.

I wrote something about module loading to wiki. (ModuleLoading, one
click from TodoList (section grub-emu)).

Today, grub-emu contains some modules (compiled in). If there will be
way to run modules from unix, then we can replace function for
registering commands with function which will write module name and
function name to the file autocmd.lst. Other way is sed-like, but then
one must be carefull where the he writes the registration of commands.

--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik