grub-devel

Re: ext2 find patch

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: ext2 find patch
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:45:41 +0200

address@hidden (Tomas Ebenlendr) writes:

> The same problem was with symlinks, so the new version of patch is here.
>
> It does stat every inode (and ignore the info in direntries).
> There is also small fix in absolute symlinks (chopping the initial '/')

I've checked in your patch, after making some minor changes:

2004-06-27  Tomas Ebenlendr  <address@hidden>

        * fs/ext2.c (FILETYPE_INO_MASK, FILETYPE_INO_DIRECTORY)
        (FILETYPE_INO_SYMLINK): New macros.
        (grub_ext2_find_file): Check if the node is a directory using the
        inode stat information instead of using the filetype in the
        dirent.  Exclude the first character of an absolute symlink.
        (grub_ext2_dir): Mask out the filetype part of the mode member of
        the inode.

I do not know why you moved the code to read the inode around.  I
didn't check that in.  Why is that required?

Please test if this works for you now.  It fixed my problem.

Thanks,
Marco