Re: Greek in Groff

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Greek in Groff
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 09:15:39 +0000

Hi Branden,

> GMail shows me the response part of your message, but Neomutt does
> not, making it look like you did not respond at all except for (part
> of) the quotation--and the attachment.

The email I received from the list had a MIME type of multipart/mixed
with two parts as peers.

    part  type/subtype
          multipart/mixed
    1     text/plain
    2     application/pdf

The text/plain contained just the quoted text, as you describe.

My guess is Deri's reply was only in a text/html part which was in a
multipart/alternative along with the text/plain.  The mailing list
deleted the text/html and promoted the text/plain out of the
multipart/alternative as it was the only alternative left.

Why was Deri's reply only in the text/html part?

I assume the two different views you see, Gmail and Neomutt, are due to
looking at two different emails: the one directly from Deri to you and
the other via the mailing list.

--
Cheers, Ralph.