Re: Why isn't the device resolution exposed to the formatter?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: Why isn't the device resolution exposed to the formatter?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:30:49 -0500

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> groff's purpose is to aid the transmission of written language, and
> we ill serve its legacy when we distract ourselves with how best to
> polish marble statues of the Unix operating system and its progenitors.

I concur completely.  It's why I develop mom out in left field and
generally avoid contributing anything directly to groff.  That said,
it gives me an enormous feeling of security to know there are people
out there polishing the statues, fixing typos in the exhibition
catalogue, and occasionally picking bits of lint off the pedestals.

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca