groff home page updated (was: git-version-gen not working with Savannah/

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: groff home page updated (was: git-version-gen not working with Savannah/cgit snapshots)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 04:06:23 -0600

At 2022-07-16T11:41:44+0000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> ... not only groff is affected by the non-working of daily snapshots.
> For example, FreeType has exactly the same problem.  IMHO, such
> snapshots do more harm than good in most cases.
[...]
> Hope this helps.  I guess it makes sense asking the Savannah people to
> give you write access, too.

It turns out I already had it, or someone quietly enabled my permission
bits since July without telling me (my money's on the former).

The groff home page <https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/> is updated
now.  I have de-documented snapshot availability and made several other
revisions.

https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/groff.html?view=log

Wow, had I forgotten how slow CVS is!  ("Here, let me grind on this for
a few seconds at core speeds of 4 GHz and greater bandwidth for
secondary storage I/O than PDP-11s had for copying between registers.")

I wonder how much of this is due to the Rochkind v. Tichy dispute.