Re: ebook format

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Re: ebook format
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:27:32 +0200

Hi Wim,

the answer depends very much on the complexity and markup of your source
document.

pandoc(1) can read man and write epub:

$ pandoc -f man -t epub [FILE]

Frustratingly, it can produce ms but does not seem to have an input
filter for it.

pandoc is written in Haskell and uses reader and writer modules that
translate to and from an intermediate representation.

Unfortunately, pandoc is a huge binary (155174680 bytes on my system)
with all libraries compiled into that binary.

As I am totally unfamiliar with Haskell, I did not yet inspect whether
the man module can be modified to read ms as well.

Anyway, it is open source:
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.14.0.1/docs/src/Text.Pandoc.Readers.Man.html#readMan

Best regards,

Oliver.