Modernising UNIX manpages.

From: JM Marcastel
Subject: Modernising UNIX manpages.
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:46:58 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to investigate the possibility of using Markdown as an alternate
format for UNIX man-pages.
(Cf. https://github.com/marcastel/marcastel/discussions/7)

Rather than re-inventing the wheel I would ideally like this to become part of
an existing tool (mandoc, groff, …).

I would like to devote time to this in the second semester of 2021 and would
appreciate sharing this.

I believe the first step is to provide a proof of concept what demonstrates the
expected outcome and that desired command line interface.

I have a clear idea on how to build that POC once the requirements have been
set.

Has this already been studied? Would this be an initiative you would support?

Best regards,
JM Marcastel