Re: [ms] Add a standard glyph name for hooked o instead of relying on .A

From: M Douglas McIlroy
Subject: Re: [ms] Add a standard glyph name for hooked o instead of relying on .AM?
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 17:26:35 -0500

I like the idea of an rfc1345.tmac file, and would be happy to operate
under the false assumption that it exists. I think it would be reasonable
to abandon the old AT&T accent strings while we're at it, even though I
have plenty of groff source that uses them.

Corollary 1: So that calls for abandoned strings don't just silently get
ignored, warnings should be issued for unknown strings--preferably only
once per distinct name.

Corollary 2: If Corollary 1 is adopted, then for consistency warnings
should be issued similarly for undefined macro calls and undefined escape
sequences.

Yours radically,
Doug