Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Marc Chantreux
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 15:52:52 +0100

hello John and thanks for helping,

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 08:47:18PM +1100, John Gardner wrote:
> Even without seeing the PDF output, I'd say you have one or more fonts
> missing from your installation path. Do you have GhostScript installed?

    $ aptitude search '~i ~n ghostscript' -F%p%v
    ghostscript9.27~dfsg-2+deb10u3

> Also, you can debug formatted output by calling groff with its -Z switch.
> You should see something like this

symbol font is here as i read

    $ grep -H . math.me && eqn -Tpdf math.me |groff -Z -k -Tpdf

    math.me:.EQ
    math.me:sqrt a over sqrt c
    math.me:.EN
    math.me:.\" 1 + x + x sup 2 over 2 + x sup 3 over { 2 * 3 } ;
    math.me:.\" a hat over c tilde ; bold a over bold c ;
    x T pdf
    x res 72000 1 1
    x init
    x F -
    x F /usr/share/groff/1.22.4/tmac/eqnrc
    x F math.me
    p1
    V18788
    H72000
    DFd
    x font 11 S
    f11
    s10000
    h1200
    V13070
    md
    Csqrt
    Cradicalex
    h590
    Cradicalex
    x font 38 TI
    f38
    h5230
    V11788
    ta
    f11
    H73495
    v15370
    Csqrt
    Cradicalex
    f38
    h5715
    V25876
    tc
    H73200
    V16188
    Dl 5000 0
    H74280
    Dl 5000 0
    Dl 5000 0
    h1200
    v2600
    n18788 5250
    x trailer
    V792000
    x stop

> None that I know of, though it probably wouldn't be too difficult to smash
> together a Perl script to preprocess TeX equations. I'd be interested in
> knowing if any such preprocessor already exists, however.

I found this:

    https://dlmf.nist.gov/LaTeXML/

which led me to this:

    https://github.com/brucemiller/LaTeXML/blob/master/lib/LaTeXML/MathGrammar