Re: man Macro Package and pdfmark

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: man Macro Package and pdfmark
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 13:53:16 +0000

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 08:56:25PM +1100, John Gardner wrote:
> That's not what I'm talking about. In Emacs, I'm used to smashing `c-h o`
> to bring up the documentation for the symbol at point. In info(1), I've no
> idea where or what to even begin searching for to find a symbol's
> documentation. info(1) without Emacs feels like a fish out of the water.

I mean, I'm not info(1)'s greatest fan, but it's really not that bad if
you spend a trivial amount of time reading its own docs, which it points
you at at the bottom of the screen when you start the program.  For
example, under "Index Commands", "i", "I", and "M-x index-apropos" seem
helpful.

FWIW, I'm not even slightly an emacs fan (nor user).

--
Colin Watson                                       [address@hidden]