Re: [groff] mom manpage

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] mom manpage
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 17:36:25 +1100

> Even moderately large systems can be beautifully documented in a
> single manual page - for example, a shell

It's amazing how true this is. Even with massive man-pages, it's still
easier to find what I'm looking for in less(1) by hitting the `/` key and
typing a search string. It's quite literally faster than the time it takes
to load web-based documentation (especially on my crappy connection...)

I can't think of a documentation format more pure than a well-written
man-page. Conversely, the worst-looking man-pages I've ever seen are those
which were generated from markdown. Their source-code is actually more
readable than the formatted output... :-(