Re: [groff] groff build problem

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [groff] groff build problem
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 13:52:04 +0100

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 02:15:07PM +0200, Heinz-Jürgen Oertel wrote:
> using for the first time now OpenSuse Thumbleweed. Installed all tools (I
> hope)
> ./configure runs without problems. Had to do:
> sudo ln -sf /usr/bin/aclocal /usr/bin/aclocal-1.13

As well as what other people have said, randomly dropping symlinks into
bits of /usr/ is a bad habit that I strongly recommend you avoid in
future (though I more usually see people attempting this with different
versions of libraries).  I notice that your error message included
mention of aclocal-1.16 as well, which means that the build system has
likely ended up with a mix of different versions of bits of automake,
and that's not going to be healthy.

I'd strongly advise removing /usr/bin/aclocal-1.13 (assuming it was
previously absent) before you do anything else, and then following the
other advice you've had here to rebootstrap the build system properly.