[Groff] recent changes not in ChangeLog

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] recent changes not in ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 07:27:28 +0100 (CET)

Dear recent committers,

please try to update the ChangeLog file!  While many small editorial
fixes in man pages don't deserve an entry, addition of new files do
(e.g., file `letter.mm').  Similarly, changes to code – this includes
non-comment lines in macro files (e.g., `hdtbl.tmac-u' or `m.tmac') or
infrastructure files (e.g., `mm.am') – should also be tracked.

Note also that some contributed packages like `mm' have a separate
ChangeLog file; some changes have been incorrectly added to the master
ChangeLog file already.

Finally, I'm not sure that a copyright line like

  Copyright \[co] 1989\[en]2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

in a source code file is legal.  I think it should rather be

  Copyright (c) 1989-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

If you are going to print the copyright notice in a manpage (or
whatever), then the first version can be used *additionally*.