Re: [Groff] grops:signatur.eps:15: not an integer

From: mikkel meinike
Subject: Re: [Groff] grops:signatur.eps:15: not an integer
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 17:47:53 +0200

Now I have had the opportunity to experiment a little with this. I had
forgotten what was that sam2p doew better than any other program. It was
file size. Sam2p makes smaller eps files than the other programs which is a
nice fiture I think. Well, I could make it work by first making the eps
file with sam2p and then running it through eps2eps as Larry suggest, but
firstly, it was a pretty resource-consuming process like two 20 seconds or
more in prosess time. Secondly, the image resulting from this process is
about 10 times bigger than the one originaly produced by sam2p. Finally, I
found out that it is only the "%%BeginData" line that hurts groff. Alone by
removing that line from the eps file Groff is completely satisfied when
converting the file and the image comes up great in the resulting ps file.
:-)

Thanks for leading me on the right track Robert Thorsby for pointing my
attention to the BeginData line

/mikkel