Re: [Groff] Elegant -ms and -mpdfmark documents

From: Kristaps Dzonsons
Subject: Re: [Groff] Elegant -ms and -mpdfmark documents
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 16:01:22 -0700

> And in addition. Looking at your document. I was wondering if .TL can be
> used more than once in a document just as a centered heading. Since .SH and
> .NH are not centered? (sorry for high jacking your threed. But it is such a
> small little question :-).

Mikkel, `TL' is just for the title as noted by groff_ms(7), so it's not
appropriate (semantically) as a heading.  As for lowdown, it has a
strong focus on using roff (via -ms and -man) because groff is usually
included in base systems.  Or mandoc, in my case.

Deri, thanks for the note!  I'll switch the examples and notes to use
pdfroff for pdf output.  This also solves for the PSPIC problem, where I
could use PSPIC for -Tps, but not for -Tpdf.  Was "-mspdf" intentional,
by the way?  I can't find mention of it in the manual.  The invocation I
think's needed in this case is "pdfroff -i -ms -t -k -Kutf8".

Best,

Kristaps