Re: [Groff] Inappropriate info page!

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Inappropriate info page!
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 23:22:55 -0500

>>> What following?  You have forgotten to add a quote.
>>
>> He refers to doc/groff.texi line 5060.  The wording is questionable
>> indeed.
>
> Oh.  I would have never expected that Larry Kollar's satirical remark
> would be taken literally.  Well, today people probably need `humour
> on/off' signs...  Note that Larry is from the US, as far as I know :-)

I am, but I honestly think it was there when I rewrote the info doc, and
I shrugged and let it stand. It’s not the kind of wording I’d have used in
any case. I’d have said “outmoded” instead of “antiquated,” and would
have probably made a comment about crappy beer instead of cheap
computers, which (thanks to the surge of microbreweries) would be
rather dated nowadays.

        Larry