[Groff] *roff for desktop publishing - is it feasible?

From: Gerard Lally
Subject: [Groff] *roff for desktop publishing - is it feasible?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 19:52:41 +0100

Is it possible to lay out a page, as in the attached sample file,
using *roff? I'm about to commit myself to learning troff and friends
more thoroughly. Before I start I'd like to have a broad idea of its
limitations.

I don't need a how-to, detailed or otherwise, showing the steps you'd
take to produce this page in *roff. Just an idea whether or not the
wizards among you on this list would consider tackling such a project
with your favourite document formatter.