Re: [Groff] Possible bug in -doc

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] Possible bug in -doc
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:32:24 +0200

Hallo.

Ingo Schwarze <address@hidden> wrote:
 |Steffen Nurpmeso wrote on Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 01:41:43PM +0200:
 |> Having a definition list with some few first words in a different
 |> style, e.g., bold or emphasized, than directly following text in
 |> the same paragraph block, i.e., term and definition, or tag and
 |> text, in the same paragraph, is pretty common, i think.
 |>
 |> That, however, is not possible with .Bl,
 |
 |Of course that is possible in more than one way, and completely
 |trivial.  Here are just three ways as examples for the many ways
 |to achieve it:
 |
 |  .Bl -hang

Then i was mistaken.

 |The -diag and -ohang types can also be used, and even -bullet, -dash,
 |-enum, and -hyphen, if you want to.  And you can of course do it
 |with .Pp alone, without any .Bl whatsoever.
 |
 |However, this isn't related to the original problem at all, which
 |was overcomplicated rules for handling lack of -width in .Bl -tag.

I am not in your way.  It seems to have been existent everywhere
before the removal, and now has been removed.  (And i will follow
in a distant future.)

Ciao -- and sorry, i have used those you have mentioned myself in
the past, i only had a look at -tag code and saw it starting the
recursion!

--steffen