Re: [Groff] PS font family with Romanian Glyphs

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] PS font family with Romanian Glyphs
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 11:19:48 +0000

Hi,

Heinz-Jürgen wrote:
> > After years being happy with German text in latin1 or latin15 I have
> > to set some words for Romanian City names.

Some background, having looked into it, that might interest others.  ISO
8859's pages didn't sufficiently cover Romanian until ISO 8859-16 was
added quite late on, e.g. ț is byte 254.  Unicode, of course, has runes
for ț, etc., without resorting to combining characters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_alphabet#Digital_typography

Cheers, Ralph.