Re: [Groff] Install pdfpic from Peter Schaffter

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Install pdfpic from Peter Schaffter
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:05:12 -0400

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015, Bernd Warken wrote:
> The macro was written by Peter Schaffter in 2014.  So the license should
> be added by the author, as well as the documentation in the man-page
> man/groff_tmac.5.man should be improved..

I submitted pdfpic.tmac to the list as a proposed temporary solution
to the problem of groff not having a pdf equivalent to .psbb.  IIRC,
the proposal met with resistance because it relied on external
programs (from poppler-utils) and required running groff in unsafe
mode.  Furthermore, it hasn't been thoroughly tested.

We need more discussion before it's included as part of groff.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca