Re: [Groff] How remove title?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] How remove title?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 12:33:19 +0100

Hi Peng,

> I use the following command to generate a pdf file from a manpage.
> But the pdf file has title "Untitled".

How odd, it doesn't here.

> I want to unset it via groff.
> But I don't see an option to set title to be null. Would you please
> let me know how to unset the title with groff?
>
> groff -Tps -mandoc -c < $(man -w ls) | ps2pdf - > /tmp/ls.pdf

I did

    zcat /usr/share/man/man1/ls.1.gz | groff -mandoc | ps2pdf - >ls.pdf

and it worked fine.

Have you tried the simpler

    man -t ls | ps2pdf - >ls.pdf

All times, the PDF starts

    LS(1)                      User Commands                       LS(1)

    NAME
        ls − list directory contents
    SYNOPSIS
        ls [OPTION]... [FILE]...