Re: [Groff] Blast from the past

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] Blast from the past
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:14:24 +0100

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel <address@hidden> wrote:
 |Am Dienstag, 10. Februar 2015, 22:56:13 schrieb Deri James:
 |> Nowadays I use the dasher program for
 |> all writing, except coding.
 |
 |I had a look at dasher. Interesting, but needs a lot of training.
 |Thanks for the hint.

I did too and played a bit with the applet.
This must be an enormous assistance for many disabled persons,
but especially so for those which can use the eye-tracker!
I'm, well, still, looking forward for the brain-implant and the
blood stream patrol nanorobots, even though it is perfectly clear
that sapiens sapiens will misuse all that in the most evil ways.
Compared with think+typeset dasher surely is more linear.
But writing by "flying" through alphabet snippets is an
interesting experience, just wondering why it wasn't invented in
Berkeley.. so to say.

--steffen