Re: [Groff] Automake now in master

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Automake now in master
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:58:11 +0100

Hi Bertrand,

Bertrand Garrigues wrote on Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:33:09AM +0100:

> I had a discussion with Werner on the automake migration and
> he agreed that it was time to reintegrate this work in master.

Given that most were in principle in favour of doing the migration,
that definitely makes sense.

> Therefore I've just merged the automake3 branch in master and removed
> the three branches that were used for this development (automake,
> automake2, automake3).  As discussed several times before the work was
> split for clarity purpose in several smaller commits.

Congratulations!  You have clearly done a lot of work here, and
when i last looked, most of it was solid (there are always a few
rough edges in a project of this size - and maybe they are gone
by now).  I'll do some more testing shortly.

> I'll do my best to maintain the build system and solve any problem
> that might happen.

Much appreciated!

> Developers can refer to the document automake.pdf (built from
> doc/automake.mom) to have an overview on the implementation of
> automake in groff.

Having such documentation is an improvement, too.

Thanks,
  Ingo