Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:48:24 -0700

When I was working on HP-UX, deriving our content from AT&T documents,
acronyms and words consisting of uppercase letters were coded by AT&T as
\s-1HP-UX\s+1, etc.  It subdued the overbearing appearance of the
uppercase words so they blended better with normal font.

I don't recall ever seeing small-cap words anywhere in Unix
documents.

Clarke