Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 23:41:41 +0100

> Which raises the point, does anyone know of a way to extract
> just the small caps from an OpenType font that has them?

Not sure if this is really helpful, but since I have not yet
arrived in the OpenType era I use cfftot1 to convert OpenType
fonts to Type 1 and then simply use different font encoding
vectors to display text either with upper and lower case letters
or with caps and small caps.  (The conversion preserves the
exact letter shapes, but you lose the fancy OpenType code that
does all those funky character replacements for you, so you
must do that manually.)