Re: [Groff] GNU troff version 1.22.3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] GNU troff version 1.22.3
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:01:05 +0100 (CET)

> I tried to fix it. Please find my attempt at patching below.

Thanks.  Please open a bug tracker and upload a unified diff (`diff
-u'), from old to new.  Your context diff is apparently from new to
old, which is hard to read.

> While working on this, I found that "make clean" does not work on my
> system (Ubuntu 12.4).  [...]
>
> Is that specific version of aclocal-1.14 needed, or would just
> aclocal do as well?

AFAIK this is an unfortunate consequence of the incorrect usage of
`gnulib', running gnulib's `configure' script at `make' time and not
at the top-level's `configure' time.  Calls to `autoreconf' (for the
top-level and `src/libs/gnulib') with proper arguments fixes this
locally.

We are switching to `automake' soon, also using gnulib's `bootstrap'
script; doing so will automatically fix this issue.  Sorry for the
inconvenience.