Re: [Groff] pic: No white space allowed between . and PS?

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] pic: No white space allowed between . and PS?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 22:18:52 +0100 (CET)

Doug McIlroy <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd put consistency before (largely imagined) orthogonality.
> I'm sure that had it been brought to the attention of the Unix
> lab back in the day, one of us would have fixed it.

Then maybe we should consider at least to add an issue to the issue tracker.

For soelim (or xpand) it may be useful to hide a .so but to hide a .PS for pic
is doubtful.

> Moreover, pic DOES recognize all troff requests properly,
> regardless of whitespace, except for .PS and .PE!

I'm not sure if pic processes these troff requests, likely they are only
passed-through (and actually processed by troff later).

Carsten