Re: [Groff] No white space between . and PS?

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] No white space between . and PS?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:13:06 +0100 (CET)

Mike Bianchi <address@hidden wrote:

> It should be allowed,
> but the evidence is that pic does not see .PS and .PE as macros.

Yes, but this is somehow an imcomplete implementation.  For the user it is a
macro (or one could see it as a request, does not matter).  For me it was
unexpected, that it does not work.  I don't see any intention or sense in this
specific implementation.  I think the one how wrote the lex(1) regex simply
forgot the [ \t]* between . and PS :-)

It is indeed also the traditional behavior (of the AT&T preprocessors) to not
allow this white space.  By accident I think.

(Sorry for the lot of mails.  I don't know why they arrive with such a delay.
And there had been cases where they even did not arrive...)

Carsten