Re: [Groff] release ready

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: Re: [Groff] release ready
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:03:18 +0200

Am 12.10.2014 um 11:11 schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> Well, this looks like a bug in the texi2pdf script.  What texinfo
> version are you using?

Texinfo 4.8 (1.34)

Since texi2pdf is just a wrapper around texi2dvi the problem lies there.
(There is neither $LANG nor $LC_ALL in both scripts.)

>> When I
>> export LANG=C
>>
>> everything is fine.
>>
>> With this change make install works without problems.
>
> texi2pdf (or rather `texi2dvi --pdf') isn't used at all in groff's
> `make install', so you are addressing the wrong people :-)

I guess what I wrote was misunderstandable:

I had a problem with make install (again illegal byte sequence).
As a result I had an incomplete installation.
This was fixed with LANG=C.

In the meantime I ran some test documents and discovered:

download in devpdf really needs tabs, using space as a separator does not work.
(And having a trailing space after the file name is not a good idea.)

gropdf didn't like the font descriptions I generated with afmtodit 1.19.
Regenerating them did help.

grops accepts both spaces and old font files.

Axel