Re: [Groff] [groff] 01/01: grog: rewrite with new subs structure, and re

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] [groff] 01/01: grog: rewrite with new subs structure, and repair many details.
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:19:10 +0100

On 25/09/14 21:08, Bernd Warken wrote:
> bwarken pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository groff.

> +     * this ChangeLog: Improve the breaking of Keith Marshall's entry
> +     from 2014-09-24.

Why do you waste time on such futile idiosyncrasies?  I can't get too
worked up over your utterly pointless reformatting of my entry, (which
was wrapped per the completely OOTB standard configuration of vim, for
formatting of ChangeLogs, as shipped by Debian, BTW), but I *do*
consider it offensive that you've chosen to draw attention to it, by
logging it as a significant change; (it is no such thing of course, for
all you've actually done is reflow existing text to a slightly shorter
line length, which IMO...

> +
>  2014-09-24  Keith Marshall  <address@hidden>
>
>       Refactor psbb line input function; avoid a buffer overrun.
>
>       * src/roff/troff/input.cpp (ps_get_line): Declare it as `static'.
> -     Refactor, to avoid the overhead of character look-ahead and push-back
> -     on CR stream input.  Add new `dscopt' parameter, in place of internal
> -     `err' variable; update all call references, passing value of...
> +     Refactor, to avoid the overhead of character look-ahead and
> +     push-back on CR stream input.  Add new `dscopt' parameter, in
> +     place of internal `err' variable; update all call references,
> +     passing value of...
>       (DSC_LINE_MAX_ENFORCE): ...this new manifest constant; define it.

...does *not* yield your claimed improvement anyway -- not that it
matters, I think it was more aesthetically pleasing as it was).

Keith.