Re: [Groff] new automake system

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] new automake system
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:35:39 +0200

> Von: "Bertrand Garrigues" <address@hidden>

With your runtests.sh, `make check' runs without errors.

> On which environment are you working, perhaps a Debian-based distro with
> dash as the default shell ? It seems that the file
> contrib/gdiffmk/tests/runtests.sh has a bashism. You should have the same
> problem on master. Does it work better with the attached patch ?

Kubuntu developer 14.10
$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

> >>   $ cd build/doc
> >>   $ make groff.pdf
> >
> > This does not work for me
>
> Do you mean the patch on the groff.texi does not work on the automake2
> branch, or that building groff.pdf on master with the 2 commands I gave
> you doees not work ?

No, in `build/doc' the command `make groff.pdf' does not work.

For `make distcheck', I get this error:

#####
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../src/devices/xditview/GXditview.ad \
  /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/GXditview
/usr/bin/install: reguläre Datei »/usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/GXditview“ kann
nicht angelegt werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Makefile:9725: recipe for target 'install_xditview' failed
make[3]: *** [install_xditview] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/opt/development/groff/git/automake/groff/build/groff-1.22.2/_build'
Makefile:8089: recipe for target 'install-am' failed
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/opt/development/groff/git/automake/groff/build/groff-1.22.2/_build'
Makefile:8083: recipe for target 'install' failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/opt/development/groff/git/automake/groff/build/groff-1.22.2/_build'
Makefile:7990: recipe for target 'distcheck' failed
make: *** [distcheck] Error 1
#####

It is strange that `make distcheck' tries to installs already.  Moreover
that installation would go into `/usr', not into `/usr/local'.

Of course, that would not work as normal user.
Maybe `root' would do that - but I don't want to test that.

Bernd Warken