Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 15:29:18 +0100

On 21/09/14 11:52, Deri James wrote:

>>> Alternatively, we could modify the existing implementation of .psbb,
>>> such that it will discriminate on `%!PS-Adobe-´ or `%PDF-´ as
>>> initial file content, then DTRT wrt parsing a `%%BoundingBox:´ or
>>> `/MediaBox´ record accordingly.
>>
>> Good idea!
>
> Yes, it is. Someone on the list has contacted me, with a view to writing the
> code,

Who might that be?  If it was off-list, then we have a problem -- we all
need to be kept in the picture, with this sort of stuff.  I ask because...

> and I have provided the perl version.

I have not seen this, nor any pointer to it, yet I have already begun to
explore possibilities at the C/C++ level.  I don't want to waste my time
duplicating someone else's effort, but I would need some help to find my
way through perl code.

Keith.