Re: [Groff] License for files with »ideal« parts

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: [Groff] License for files with »ideal« parts
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:05:24 -0400

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:42:23 +0200 (CEST)
Carsten Kunze <address@hidden> wrote:

> is there any (AT&T) ideal(1) (open :-) source code anywhere?  I
> wonder that it has been developed at AT&T but it is not in DWB or
> Plan9...

Not from AT&T.  I corresponded with Chris Van Wyk a few years ago, when
he told me ideal belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and is still in use.

BTW, in looking for it, I stumbled on
http://www.eprg.org/papers/202paper.pdf, "Revisiting a Summer Vacation:
Digital Restoration and Typesetter Forensics", which is both
interesting and, to the right person, entertaining.

--jkl