[Groff] Who is doing what

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: [Groff] Who is doing what
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 17:38:44 -0400

As mentioned, I'm starting this thread to see if we can get together
a list of who's doing what currently, where their interests lie,
etc.  If others follow my lead, we'll end up with a useful snapshot
of available human resources within the groff community.

Here's what I bring to the table.

Peter Schaffter:

Projects/components
  - developer and maintainer of the mom macros (contrib/mom) and all
    related documentation and examples
  - maintainer of the groff webpage at gnu.org

Competences
  - shell scripting
  - sed scripting
  - html/css

Expertises
  - macro programming
  - typography
  - page layout/design
  - documentation writing

Prepared to
  - assume a non-technical leadership role, including
    - overseeing the big picture and non-invasively steering the
      boat (gotta love them mixed metaphors)
    - resolving debates and striving for consensus on major issues
    - actively searching for new development blood
      (I'm wondering if we can harness the power of GSoC)
    - ensuring that good proposals don't die of attrition
    - interfacing with developers individually, as necessary, to
      track the state of projects and contributions
    - other stuff of a similar nature I can't think of on the spot :)

Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca